Lamisil (Terbinafine Hydrochloride)
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
Terbinafine Hydrochloride Information
(ter' bin a feen)
Before taking terbinafine,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to terbinafine, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in terbinafine granules or tablets. Ask your pharmacist or check the Medication Guide for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking. Be sure to mention any of the following: amiodarone (Cordarone, Nexterone, Pacerone); beta blockers such as atenolol (Tenormin), labetalol (Trandate), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL), nadolol (Corgard), and propranolol (Hemangeol, Inderal LA, Innopran XL); caffeine (in Excedrin, Fioricet, Fiorinal, others); cimetidine (Tagamet); cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune); dextromethorphan (Delsym, in Mucinex DM, Promethazine DM, others); flecainide; fluconazole (Diflucan); ketoconazole (Nizoral); monoamine oxidase type B (MAO-B) inhibitors such as rasagiline (Azilect), and selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar); propafenone (Rythmol); rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, in Rifamate, Rifater); selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), and sertraline (Zoloft); tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) such as amitriptyline, amoxapine, clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), doxepin (Silenor), imipramine (Tofranil), nortriptyline (Pamelor), protriptyline (Vivactil), and trimipramine (Surmontil). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver disease. Your doctor will probably tell you not to take terbinafine.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), a weakened immune system, lupus (condition in which the immune system attacks many tissues and organs including the skin, joints, blood, and kidneys), or kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking terbinafine, call your doctor. Do not breastfeed while taking terbinafine.
- plan to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and artificial sunlight (tanning beds or UVA/B treatment) and wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Terbinafine may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
- feeling sad, worthless, restless, or other changes in mood
- loss of energy or interest in daily activities
- changes in how you sleep
- loss of appetite
- extreme tiredness
- pain in the right upper part of the stomach
- dark urine
- pale stools
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- severe skin rash that keeps getting worse
- fever, sore throat, and other signs of infection
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, and eyes
- difficulty swallowing or breathing
- swollen lymph glands
- peeling, blistering, or shedding skin
- red or scaly rash that may be sensitive to sunlight
- loss of skin color
- mouth sores
- sore throat, fever, chills, and other signs of infection
- chest pain
- unexplained bleeding or bruising
- blood in urine
- fast or irregular heartbeat