Elmiron (Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium)
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of Australia. Shipped from Australia.
Generic equivalents for Elmiron... What are generics?
Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of India. Shipped from Mauritius.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium Information
(pen' toe san pol i sul' fate)
Before taking pentosan polysulfate,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to pentosan polysulfate, danaparoid (Orgaran), heparin, or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking. Be sure to mention any of the following: anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin) and aspirin. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had an aneurysm, hemophilia, ulcers, low platelet count, an intestinal blockage, or liver or spleen disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking pentosan polysulfate, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking pentosan polysulfate.
- you should know that pentosan polysulfate has a blood-thinning effect and may cause increased bleeding.
- hair loss
- upset stomach
- stomach pain
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- unusual bruising or bleeding
- heavy gum bleeding
- black and tarry stools
- red blood in stools
- bloody vomit
- vomiting material that looks like coffee grounds