Buscopan (Hyoscine Butylbromide)
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
See our digestive enzyme comparison chart for more information.
Hyoscine Butylbromide Information
(skoe pol' a meen)
- After washing the area behind the ear, wipe the area with a clean, dry tissue to ensure that the area is dry.
- Remove the patch from its protective pouch. To expose the adhesive surface of the patch, the clear plastic protective strip should be peeled off and discarded. Contact with the exposed adhesive layer should be avoided to prevent contamination of fingers with scopolamine. Temporary blurred vision and dilation of the pupils may result if scopolamine comes into contact with your eyes.
- Place the adhesive side against the skin.
- Press the patch firmly for 10 to 20 seconds. Be sure that the edges adhere to your skin.
- After you have placed the patch behind your ear, wash your hands thoroughly.
Before using scopolamine patches,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to scopolamine or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially medications that decrease mental alertness; cough, cold, and allergy products; and vitamins.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had glaucoma; heart, liver, or kidney disease; stomach or intestinal obstruction; or difficulty urinating.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using scopolamine patches, call your doctor immediately.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using scopolamine patches.
- you should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how scopolamine patches will affect you. This is especially important during the first 3 to 5 days of therapy and when your dose is increased.
- talk to your doctor about the safe use of alcohol while taking this drug. Alcohol increases the side effects caused by scopolamine patches.
- dry mouth
- blurred vision
- dilated pupils
- difficulty urinating
- eye pain
- rapid pulse