Pertzye (Pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease))
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
See our digestive enzyme comparison chart for more information.
Pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease) Information
(pan cre li' pase)
Before taking pancrelipase,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to pancrelipase, any other medications, pork products, or any of the ingredients in pancrelipase tablets or delayed release capsules.Ask your pharmacist or check the Medication Guide for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have ever had surgery on your intestine or a blockage, thickening, or scarring your intestine, and if you have or have ever had diabetes, problems with your blood sugar, gout (sudden attacks of joint pain, swelling, and redness that occur when there is too much of a substance called uric acid in the blood), high levels of uric acid (a substance that forms when the body breaks down certain foods) in your blood, cancer, or kidney disease. If you will be taking pancrelipase tablets, also tell your doctor if you are lactose intolerant (have difficulty digesting dairy products).
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking pancrelipase, call your doctor.
- you should know that pancrelipase is made from the pancreas of pigs. There may be a risk that someone taking pancrelipase could become infected by a virus carried by pigs. However, this type of infection has never been reported.
- sore throat
- neck pain
- feeling full after eating a small amount
- irritation around the anus
- sore mouth or tongue
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- stomach pain or bloating
- difficulty having bowel movements
- pain or swelling in joints, especially the big toe