Vascepa (Icosapent Ethyl)
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Icosapent Ethyl Information
(eye koe' sa pent eth il)
Before taking icosapent ethyl,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to icosapent ethyl; fish, including shellfish (clams, scallops, shrimp, lobster, crayfish, crab, oyster, mussels, others); any other medications; or any of the ingredients in icosapent ethyl capsules. Ask your pharmacist or check the patient information for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven); antiplatelet medications such as cilostazol (Pletal), clopidrogrel (Plavix), dipyridamole (Persantine, in Aggrenox), prasugrel (Effient), and ticlopidine (Ticlid); aspirin or aspirin-containing products; beta-blockers such as atenolol (Tenormin), labetalol (Normodyne), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL), nadolol (Corgard), and propranolol (Inderal); diuretics ('water pills'); estrogen-containing contraceptives (birth control pills, patches, rings, and injections); or estrogen replacement therapy. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had diabetes or liver, thyroid, or pancreatic disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking icosapent ethyl, call your doctor.
- ask your doctor about the use of alcoholic beverages while you are taking icosapent ethyl. Drinking even small amounts of alcohol can affect the triglyceride levels in your body.
- joint pain